My contribution for the 900 Seconds project started by Udo Prinsen. In celebration of the 900th anniversary of the city of Utrecht, 90 animators were invited to animate 10 seconds each.
For the past couple of years I’ve been intrigued by these gulls flying around the city. I mostly see them in the Griftpark, crying their ridiculous gull screams (which sounds like a person doing a bad bird impression) and stomping around for worms.
Earlier this year I learnt that there are tortoises in the park too. So when asked to join this project all puzzle pieces fell into place, I was going to animate these critters in my favorite park of the city!
Fragments and compilations of this project where shown at various screenings and exhibits in the city:
· Creative Hub en Kunstlobby at Hooghiemstraplein 51.
· Stadskantoor Utrecht, as part of the Utrecht900 exhibit.
· Hoog Catharijne Mall, locations P5, Clarenburgh and Gildenkwartier. 10 seconds fragments shown on various screens.
· September 2022: RTV Utrecht ‘Mooi Utrecht’ on local tv channel RTV Utrecht / U Stad.
· 25 September 2022: RTV Utrecht / U Stad. 900seconds was shown for the whole day.
· 27 september Dutch Film Festival location Hooghiemstra.
· 6 october 2022 · 20:00-22:30 · Premiere VideoWall 900seconds presentation Tivoli Vredenburg.
· October 2022 VideoWall 900seconds projection at Music Hall Tivoli Vredenburg.
· 11 november 2022 20:00/23:00 Museum Speelklok, screening as part of a city night walk.
· 26 March 2023 Kaboom Animationfestival, VideoWall 900seconds projection at Music Hall Tivoli Vredenburg.